Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Steve Jackson Games, 30th Anniversary, Zombie Dice, Cthulhu Dice

I was lucky enough to attend Steve Jackson Games 30th Anniversary celebration at Tribe Comics and Games in Austin, Texas.  I have never met Steve and I didn't even realize he lived here in Austin, Texas.  The celebration involved meeting Steve of course, playing lots of Steve Jackson Games, eating cake and even partaking in a old fashion costume contest.

There were two dice games that I got to test out.  The games are more what I would consider beer and pretzel games.  The first is called Zombie Dice.  The objective is to acquire brains.  Yes I said braaains.  The first person to get 13 brains wins.  The game comes with 3 different sets of dice.  The game can be played with 2 or more players.   Each game takes 10 to 20 minutes, and can be taught in a single round.  There is also a free iPhone Zombie Dice app of the game.  Here is a pdf of the Zombie Dice rules.  The second game I played was called Cthulhu Dice.  I will get a review up later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment