Wow! Hawk Wargames really did a bang up job with this set. Rather than go the resin route, they now have plastic injected molded spruces and IMO this a huge improvement as far as mold lines and how things fit together. The plastic appears to be really clean and perfect for modeling.
The buildings, markers and blast templates are made from card stock and time will tell how well these hold up.
The set comes with a beautiful colored rulebook, with lots of painted examples of the various vehicles. There are also directions on how to assemble each vehicle and quick start fast play sheets and scenarios for game play.
The set contains 2 different Armies, the United Colonies of Mankind and the Scourge. I prefer the look of the humans, but I am quite certain the Scourge has their fans. These are basic starting forces and it makes the perfect entry point into the Dropzone Commander universe.
The United Colonies of Mankind Starter Force
- 3x Sabre Main Battle Tanks
- 3x Rapier AA Tanks
- 2x Bear APC’s (+1 bonus spare!)
- 30x Colonial Legionnaires (on 6 bases)
- 3x Condor Medium Dropships (now with clear canopy and pilot!)
- 3x Hunter Main Grav-Tanks
- 3x Reaper AA Grav-Tanks
- 2x Invader APC’s (+1 bonus spare!)
- 30x Scourge Warriors (on 6 bases)
- 3x Marauder Medium Dropships
What you get
- 2x Urban Streets Posters, will join together in 4 different ways to create a 48”x33” road
- layout10 x Pre-cut, pre-folded card buildings in 10 different designs
The game retails for £60.00 or about $95, which for what is included, seems like an excellent deal these days.