Friday, March 25, 2011

Beachbody, EndTheTrendNow.com

Ok so this is going to be really off topic.  Recently I took up the P90X challenge and did the program for 90 days.  P90X is a video workout program put out by BeachBody.  Tony Horton leads the series of P90X videos.  Each video concentrates on various muscle groups, by either strengthening or stretching them.  Each video builds on the next.  The videos are about 50-55 minutes in length, with one being 1.5 hours.  They also throw in what they refer as an ab ripper for 15 minutes 3 times a week.  The ab ripper totally destroyed me the first time I tried it.

I was pretty amazed by the results.  I was already in pretty good shape leading up to P90X, but the videos have a way of finding your weaknesses.  Mine was definitely flexibility.  The first 2 weeks were basically hell.  The workouts kicked my butt.  As weeks progressed, my body adapted and I was able to really start pushing the workouts.  At the beginning I could do 10-12 pull-ups, but by the end I was able to do 35.   You really have to stick with it, because for me, I saw my biggest gains in the last 4 weeks of the program.  My waistline went from 30-31 to a 28-29.  I don't know what my other measurements are/were, but I definitely lost body fat and gained some additional muscle.  Overweight friends that I know who have done the program, have lost a lot of weight and gained a new outlook on life.  It basically changed their lives.

Now I have done just about every sport imaginable from soccer as a little kid, to all sorts of martial arts, to Ironmans, to running 100 miles.  In my opinion, the P90X program is probably the best overall workout program I have ever done.  It makes it so easy.  Just pop in the tapes, do the workouts and you will see results.

As you know, the gaming world has quite a few rather large gamers.  That said, Obesity is definitely a problem with the non-gaming public as well.  If you are looking to change your life, become more fit and healthier, I hope you will check out my new website.

I started a website called (http://www.endthetrendnow.com) that will talk about the BeachBody products (P90X, Shakeology...) and videos and workout related stuff.

Cheers

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment